Everything About Hemp Oil Capsules
Hemp oil has been used as a treatment for a variety of medical issues since ancient times. In fact, the first time that cannabis was used medicinally, was recorded way back in 2700 BCE, in the Great Herbal encyclopaedia, one of the earliest texts relating to herbal medicine. Cannabis was the most prescribed medicinal plant extract in the world until it suddenly became illegal in 1930. It was a vital ingredient in numerous medicines, including digestive aids, cough syrup, corn plasters and painkillers, to name but a few.
Today, there is a need for a better understanding of cannabis and the removal of the stigma associated with it. Marijuana and hemp are basically part of the cannabis family, with hemp being the non-psychoactive part of the family.
Much research has gone into hemp oil, one of the products of cannabis and the many health benefits it provides. Hemp oil is available in several forms, one of which is hemp oil capsules.
Are hemp oil capsules legal in the UK?
Yes, hemp oil capsules are legal. Oil extracted from industrial hemp plants contains no THC, so it doesn’t change the user’s state of mind at all. It does, however, produce positive changes to the body and provides many medical benefits.
Health benefits provided by hemp oil capsules
Hemp oil contains many high-quality nutrients and has been used in Eastern cultures for centuries because of its health benefits. Since hemp oil is safe for everyone, there is an increasing number of people who are choosing to use hemp oil for the many health benefits it provides, just some of them being:
- Contains high amounts of protein, magnesium, Vitamin E and Omega-3s
- Supports healthy nails, hair and skin
- Provides excellent nutrition for the brain
- Keeps the heart healthy and promotes proper cardiovascular functionality
- Helps the body balance hormones
- Is an effective, mercury-free supplement for mood regulation and brain development
- Supports immune system response and functionality
Hemp oil is also used as a memory-enhancer, to improve mood, promote relaxation and increase cognitive function and socialization. Cognitive and behavioural patterns of epileptic patients with acute mental impairments are reported to have also improved remarkably. Diabetics too are reported to experience a significant improvement in their glucose control as well as neuropathy reversal.
The unique properties contained in hemp oil can best be described as modulators that assist the systems in the body to communicate and interact with each cell in different ways, such as:
• Providing the ideal balance of the entire eight EFA’s (essential amino acids)
• Being an excellent source of Edistin and albumin protein
• Being rich in magnesium, iron and anti-oxidants
• Being a powerful source of carotene, phytosterols and vitamin E
How to use hemp oil capsules
Even though hemp oil is perfectly safe – even in large amounts, you need to find a happy medium to make sure that you don’t use more than you need to, but enough to produce the kind of results you’re looking for.
Everyone is different, so a dosage that works for one person, might not give the same results to someone else. Also, since there is no official dosage for hemp oil, you will need to take certain factors into consideration to find the dosage that suits you best. Some of these factors include:
• Your weight – Your body weight matters when it comes to hemp oil dosage, just like it matters with the recommended dosage for conventional medicines and the amount of food you consume. In other words, the heavier your body, the more hemp oil it will be able to tolerate and the more you will have to take, to achieve the results you’re looking for.
• Your ailment and whether it is mild or severe – the mild symptoms usually associated with medical issues that are not severe, might only need a small amount of oil to achieve the result the user is looking for. However, a higher dosage will probably be needed for more serious ailments with more severe symptoms. Therefore your precise dosage will differ if you’re suffering from pain, sleep disorders, anxiety, heart ailments, epilepsy, MS, glaucoma, or cancer.
• Genetics – Everything, including how hemp oil affects our bodies, is in our genes and will probably affect the way our body interacts with the oil.
• Your gender – yes, even your gender has a big part to play in how CBD oil will affect you and studies show that women frequently need a more reduced dosage or a much lower strength of oil than men, to achieve the same results. One reason why women need a lower dosage, especially when it comes to pain, is that cannabis works together with estrogen, the most prevalent hormone found in women.
Start with small doses
Although you might be tempted to go all out with your hemp oil, consider taking small doses at first and increasing things from there. Even though hemp oil is safe for everyone – even the children and pets in the family, it’s best to not take more than you need.
As mentioned earlier, everyone reacts differently to the oil and should adjust their dosage accordingly. Start off with a small dose in the beginning, then increase the dosage in small increments gradually, until you reach the dosage that’s right for you.
Stop increasing the dosage when you reach a stage where it produces the results you’re looking for and stick with it. Of course, since certain things and your body chemistry can fluctuate over time, you might need to adjust your dosage levels accordingly.